Ports Terminal Limited - Private Public Partnership Opportunity
SUBMISSION DEADLINE 14 JANUARY 2013
The Fijian Government seeks proposals for the formation of a private public partnership (PPP) in Ports Terminal Limited (PTL) that will include the introduction of top-of-class processes and systems in order to develop the operations of Suva and Lautoka wharves as ports of preference in the South Pacific. PTLís operations includes stevedoring services and container handling of all overseas cargo vessels with the exception of vessels involved in the transportation of cargo which have their own facilities like liquid bulk, sugar and wood chips.
PTL is currently a fully owned subsidiary of Fiji Ports Corporation Limited and is responsible for the effective facilitation of cargo handling in the ports of Suva and Lautoka. The PPP will assume these operational and management responsibilities, the ownership and maintenance of cargo handling equipment and the accomplishment of the Government goals listed below.
Governmentís objectives for the PPP are:
- Increase efficiency and productivity of cargo operations of Suva and Lautoka wharves
- Increase the profitability of Fijiís major ports operations
- Reduce the cost of doing business in Fiji through the elimination of shipping premiums
- Introduce and maintain best practices in Fijian ports operations and management
- Boost safety processes for port workers and the security of operations
- Introduce and apply proven port management skills and technology
- Upgrade the professional skills of port managers, staff and workers
- Generate real growth in Fijian jobs in wharf operations as well as in all associated sectors of the economy.
Interested companies who wish to submit proposals must qualify under each and all of the criteria listed below:
- 1. Be a publically listed company
- Have experience in having successfully carried out port productivity and efficiency enhancement projects in at least three (3) seaports in a minimum of two (2) countries overseas
- Currently own and manage inland container terminals and distriparks
- Have a track record of having invested more than US$50 million in overseas projects
- Currently represent at least two (2) leading top-20 container carriers
- Have the resources and ability to carry out maritime related training of ports workers and management.
Proposals must include details of how the company satisfies each of the six (6) mandatory requirements listed above. Submissions from companies who do not qualify will not be considered. They must also clearly outline how the objectives of Government will be achieved by the proposed private-public-partnership, and include supporting documents as necessary.
The deadline for the receipt of proposals is 4:00pm on Monday 14 January 2013
Submissions are to be addressed to the:
Ministry of Public Enterprises
PORTS TERMINAL LTD PPP
And mailed to P O Box 2278, Government Buildings, Suva, Fiji
Or delivered to 4th Floor, Civic Tower, Victoria Parade, Suva, Fiji
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an overview of PTL please see http://www.fijiports.com.fj/ptl.php
. Qualified companies may contact Mr. Shridesh Jogia on telephone +679 331.5577, email email@example.com
to arrange to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement and obtain more information.